Day 6 - Wentnor to Acton Bridge (110km, 1,080m)

Thursday, July 15th

 


Aftwr the initial tough climb out of Wentnor this turned out to be a relatively flat day. So much so that we were crossing canals full of those typically English narrow boats, so different to the French canal boats due to the narrowness of English locks.


The sun also shone, perhaps enticing some of us into climbing hills unnecessarily because there looked like something interesting on top. At last that's what Barrion (Barry and Marrion) did on their tandem while Robert, Catriona, Teresa and I waited for them to return.


I'm not sure why this pic is here - it must have just been so pleasant to have some sun for a change.


English B&B's are always a surprise, and usually always decorated by the woman of the house. I just wished I had someone to share tea-for-two with.


The view from my room was so English.


I have no idea where Acton Bridge actually is, but the view belies the fact that we're somewhere between Liverpool and Manchester which we never actually see.


That's my bathroom with the round window, and that's the breakfast room on the right end of the ground floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment